A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Rob Bowater  H.52-56
This post was updated on .
 What about we organise a good Tech  ONLY ex-pupil and teacher reunion so we can get-together, find everyone,( the girls  will definitely have maiden names on their name badges), and with ample time to talk in  an environment which doesn't have LOUD music blaring out so we can hear each other.We have a number  of ex-pupils resident in Wanganui who will help out. Keep it simple  with no lavish prices so its affordable to everyone ( many didn't come to the 100th reunion because of the high prices )  Maybe , say early next year?
Come-on and give us your feed-back before we get too old!
WHAT ABOUT SOME OF THE WANGANUI-BASED EX_STUDENTS GETTING TOGETHER  AND ORGANISE IT FOR LABOUR WEEKEND 2012= Call it " TECH  REUNION  100 +1 "
Rob Bowater

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Gary Dundon
Hi Rob - I would be all for that. I did meet many people at the Centenary but was disappointed that the Friday evening venue did not have decade areas which would have made it so much easier to find your past friends given that the time was limited due to walking around the hall a million times peering at name tags. As I live on the Gold Coast in Australia I would need to make my travel plans earlier than later. Sorry I am not in Wanganui to help you.

Regards

Gary Dundon
gary.dundon@bigpond.com
0755299950 0412146233
Queensland

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

John Klimenko
I agree, the Friday function, while very good in one way, was extremely difficult to work your way around to try and catch up with many from our years. Also the morning function on Saturday and dinner on Saturday evening was not much better.

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

dave johnson
Great suggestion Rob. I'm all for it and early next year would be fine. I maintain a home in Wanganui but spend much of each week working in the greater Wgtn. area when I'm in N.Z.

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Rex Benson 57-61

Great idea ... and, please, with name tags with people's names
WRIT LARGE ... the ones at the 100th were a bitter disappointment.

RB (1957-1961)

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Peter Ross 1956-1957
I support the idea but can't guarantee to be there since I live in Christchurch. Last time I was away the city fell down so I have to be careful :-) I'm sure once there are more details there will be more interest. Peter

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

john jackson
hi rob.  good idea .  keep me posted. john.   still finding my way around this site.

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Lynette Sturrock (54-56)
Hi Bob,
Of course it's a GO!  Add my name to the list and please keep me informed.  Just love the reunion stuff!
God bless,
Lynette

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Bev Windleburn (Head) 54-56
Hi Rob      A great idea - would be only too happy to asisst in this regard.

Bev

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Richard Hadfield 1954-1958
Hi guys,
Yes I would really like to come. Looking at the photo's on this site I'm sorry to have missed the last reunion.
By the way.....there is a photo captioned 1961 chemistry class.......not so. I think it's either 3A or 4A [1954 or 1955] Science class. I can see myself doing something really important:-)
Cheers Richard
ps I have registered for this site but have forgotten how to log on.

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Riki Andrews

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Riki Andrews
Hi everyone
I would be very interested. The last one would have been so expensive so couldn't come. Nostalgia strikes!

Cheers
Riki

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Bryan K. (Bondy) Lawless
I could be very interested in Labour weekend, 2012, all being well. Bryan (Bondy) Lawless 1945 - 1949
Rob Bowater H.52-56 wrote
What about we organise a good Tech  ONLY ex-pupil and teacher reunion so we can get-together, find everyone,( the girls  will definitely have maiden names on their name badges), and with ample time to talk in  an environment which doesn't have LOUD music blaring out so we can hear each other.We have a number  of ex-pupils resident in Wanganui who will help out. Keep it simple  with no lavish prices so its affordable to everyone ( many didn't come to the 100th reunion because of the high prices )  Maybe , say early next year?
Come-on and give us your feed-back before we get too old!
WHAT ABOUT SOME OF THE WANGANUI-BASED EX_STUDENTS GETTING TOGETHER  AND ORGANISE IT FOR LABOUR WEEKEND 2012= Call it " TECH  REUNION  100 +1 "

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Rob Bowater  H.52-56
COME ON YOUR WANGANUI - BASED TECH OLD PUPILS WE NEED YOU HELP  NOW TO ARRANGE A REUNION THIS YEAR.( Labour Weekend ? ) Call it 100+1  The sooner the better otherwise we'll not make it and be in resthomes or wheelchairs. Cheers

Rob Bowater

Re: A TECH only ex-pupil reunion in the near future?

Dave Johnson
Hi Rob,
Good idea. I am away in S.California again for the winter but am in Wanganui at my home (1 Harrison St.) most Tuesdays and sometimes longer each week otherwise.
Cheers, Dave.