College Reunion 1986

Bruce Woodley
Can anyone remember the 1986 reunion?
My wife who was a girls college old girl [ now a very much older girl] convinced me I should make the effort from the North Shore. We arrived too late for the class reunion [ year/decade] so could only remember one student who was over 6 ft [Rob Story] so it was a bit of a fizzer.The best part was the game of golf with several club members, tho with dayl;ight saving I arrived too late for the prizegiving - no matter I never get many prizes for my golf! Sadly Wanganui does not appear to have grown much or was in the doldrums when I visited about 2006/7.School days hold happy memories with great teachers except for principal Dash who I beleive left much to be desired..

Re: College Reunion 1986

Rob Bowater  H.52-56
The is a book  "A College Rejoices"about the 75th reunion over Labour weekend 1986 which was available at the recent 100th celebrations at no charge If you write to Centennial Reunion committe chairman, David Bennett Box 500 Wanganui and include postage ( say $5 ) he should be able to send you one. It's a good publication published after the reunion. It is better than the 100th one I reckon.
Rob Bowater
Rob Bowater

Re: College Reunion 1986

marj lindsay (nee puddle)
Hi Rob I was a student 47/48  doing a commercial course.  Is there anything in your book concerning that era ????   also would love to see school photos from that time  ...Marj

Re: College Reunion 1986

Rob Bowater  H.52-56
Hi Marj
 There are a lot of  photos ,including big groups, in the 40 page book of the actual reunion. There would be folk that you know in it. Mr brother, Alan would have been at school in your time and he has a lot of photos which I hope at a later date to post  on the site Regards Rob
Rob Bowater

Re: College Reunion 1986

Rob Bowater  H.52-56
Hi Bruce
In relation to your class photo posted contact Peter Currie who is on this site,as he is in the photo. I have identified a few for you Regards Rob Bowater
Rob Bowater