Teachers

Toni Swan (Walkley) 54-57
Administrator
Let's remember our teachers -good and bad!
My favourite was A.K. Dixon, such a nice mild mannered man. I can not remember him ever getting angry, unlike some others. I still remember the day he told us that computers could only count from 0 to 1, which at the time left me very curious to learn more about them.
Toni Swan 54-57. Currently living in Auckland, married to Bryan Walkley.

Re: Teachers

Robin Ensoll
Remember Ak very well, and his brother, was it JR ? And their two pre war Ford V8s ! My favourites would have to be Waffs (Watkins) and Morrie Kinder !

Re: Teachers

Riki Andrews
I have to second that last post - I enjoyed Mr Watkins classes. He inspired me more than anyone else. I can't remember the name of our 6th form history teacher, not wildly popular but I liked him. He had a sneaky sense of humour of which I seemed to be one of the few to detect & laugh too.

Re: Teachers

Peter Ross 1956-1957
I can't let any listing of great teachers pass without nominating Doug Smellie, Ted Lewis and Rainey Francis.